The Anchor Recovery Community Center is an organization run by people with lived experience of addiction and recovery and their allies that provides a number of services in the City of Providence and the State of Rhode Island. Programs offered by the organization include:
- Anchor Recovery Community Centers: Centers offer recovery support services including meetings for all pathways of recovery, recovery-oriented community events, activities and clubs, resources and referrals for treatment, employment services and use of computers and facilities in a safe, positive, substance-free place.
- Telephone Recovery Support: individuals can sign up to receive weekly phone calls from trained peer advisors to check-in on people in recovery, offer support and encouragement, and provide information about community resources to support the individual’s chosen path to recovery
- Providence Safe Stations: Each of the 12 fire stations in the City of Providence offer supportive services to individuals experiencing a substance use crisis. Individuals can visit any of the fire stations to speak with trained staff on duty who connect individuals with peer recovery specialists to provide information, support, and connections to treatment. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Peer Recovery Specialists: Individuals can request free support from a peer recovery specialist to help them connect to resources, identify their goals, and develop an individualized path to recovery.
- Naloxone Training and Kits: free training on how to use naloxone to treat opioid overdoses and free access to the medication through pick-up or delivery
- Anchor Recovery Training Academy: free training for individuals to become a peer recovery specialist and a number of self-paced, on-line training on addiction and recovery related subjects.
- Consulting Services for Community Organizations: Anchor provides consulting and technical assistance to colleagues across the country who are interested in developing similar recovery support programs. Initial consultation and support is free; additional consultation and technical assistance may require a fee.
Funding Source: Various grants and donations, & revenue from consulting and technical assistance
A link to the website for the Anchor Recovery Community Center, an organization run by people with lived experience of addiction and recovery and their allies that provides a number of services in the City of Providence and the State of Rhode Island