This resource tells the story of a mother whose son Louie began using opioids after a football injury and soon developed opioid use disorder and began using heroin. One month after his second stay in rehabilitation, Louie fatally overdosed on heroin. His mother now advocates on his behalf and shares his story with students to educate them on the dangers of prescription opioids and heroin.
Funding Source: National Safety Council
A first person story of someone affected by opioids from the National Safety Council